Welcome to the future of customer authentication—strong, portable authentication across all your channels.
What is BindID?
The BindID service is an app-less, strong portable authenticator offered by Transmit Security. BindID uses FIDO-based biometrics for secure, frictionless, and consistent customer authentication. With one click to create new accounts or sign into existing ones, BindID eliminates passwords and the inconveniences of traditional credential-based logins.
BindID is a great solution for various use cases, including:
- Passwordless authentication for web and mobile applications.
- User authentication for call centers, IVR, and voice assistance.
- Frictionless new account opening.
- Secure verification for infrequent users.
Authentication and Trust
Combining device-based FIDO biometrics with the OpenID Connect (OIDC) protocol, BindID provides a secure and easy-to-deploy authentication process that can be used for any app, in any channel.
Here's how it works:
- User performs an action that requires authentication (such as login).
- User executes an authentication process with BindID—which may also include registering to BindID, registering a strong authenticator (e.g., FIDO2 biometrics), and additional data verifications (e.g., SMS OTP).
- Upon successful authentication, you receive user metadata—which provides user profile info, provides trust indicators, and reflects all their known devices across all providers that use BindID.
- If needed, you perform your own additional authentication for the user (e.g., for new users), and report this back to BindID, along with a user alias that represents a user in your system.